From the PIO/Emergency Response Team
Orange County is seeing a significant increase in positive and presumptive positive cases of COVID-19, and we expect these numbers will increase over the next several weeks. Please visit this site for the most recent information from Orange County.
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. These symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure (based on the incubation period of MERS-CoV viruses).
We want to ensure members of the Rollins community understand what to do should they come down with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
If you or someone in your household are experiencing any of these symptoms, you are encouraged to stay home and take the following steps:
- If you are an employee, please contact your immediate supervisor, who will then contact HR.
- If you are a faculty member, please contact your dean, who will then contact HR.
- If you are a supervisor who has received information from one of your employees, please contact HR.
Please continue to protect yourself and help prevent spreading of the virus by:
- Washing your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Covering your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Maintaining social distance of at least six feet when out in public
Essential staff continue to take every precaution while working on campus by maintaining proper distancing and hygiene measures, and are regularly cleaning high-touch areas.