This policy covers a wide variety of possible incidents involving aircraft crashes, explosions resulting from any unanticipated incident. In the event a mishap occurs, such as an explosion or a downed aircraft (crash) on campus, take the following action:
1. Immediately take cover under tables, desks and other objects which will give protection against falling glass or debris.
2. After the effects of the explosion and/or fire have subsided, notify 9-1-1 and Campus Safety. Give your name, location, and the nature of the emergency.
3. If necessary, or when directed to do so, activate the building fire alarm.
4. If the building fire alarm is sounded, or when told to leave by College officials, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
5. Assist the disabled persons in exiting the building. Remember elevators are reserved for disabled persons. Do not use elevators in case of fire. Do not panic.
6. Once outside, move to a clear area that is at least 500 feet from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews. Know your assembly area.
7. If requested, assist emergency crews as necessary.
8. An Emergency Command Post may be set up near the disaster site. Keep clear of the command post unlbess you have official business.
9. Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by a College official.
IMPORTANT: After any evacuation, report to your designated assembly point. Stay there until an accurate head count is taken.