How to “Shelter In Place” at Rollins College
During certain emergency situations, directions may be given to “Shelter In Place.” Directions to shelter in place may be sent using a variety of communication tools, including: the Rollins College RAVE Alert System, e-mail, text messages, bull-horn/loudspeaker, in person, campus phone system, or personal phones.
If you are directed to Shelter In Place:
- Stay inside of the building. Go into a building if you are outside.
- If you are in a room with a door, make sure the door is closed.
- Due to the varying age of campus buildings, locks may lock manually, remotely, or not at all. If applicable and time permits, lock and secure doors.
- If you are in room with a window, make sure the window is closed.
- Remain where you are until further direction from emergency personnel.
- It will be important to monitor Rollins.edu for additional information, if possible.
- Cell Phone use may be limited by over-loaded cell towers; texting is a better option.
After Sheltering -DO NOT call Campus Safety – you will tie up important phone lines. You will be notified when it is safe to go outside.
As of 4-18-2016 1:04PM
Rollins College is currently operating under NORMAL conditions. All classes, events, and activities will proceed as scheduled. In the event of an emergency, this website will provide updated emergency information.